The University of Kentucky Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers five PGY-1 positions each year. These appointments are awarded through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Please contact us with specific questions.
Step 1: Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
ERAS collects the following information:
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE licensure exam transcripts (REQUIRED)
- Medical school performance evaluations (Dean's Letter)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if applicable)
- September 1, 2021: Applicants may send their applications to selected schools.
- October 21, 2021: Residency programs may begin reviewing applications. MSPEs are released.
- October 19, 2021: OB-GYN residency programs issue invitations for interviews.
- March 18, 2022: National Residency Match Program match results are available.
After you select our program code, the application is available to our department electronically for review.
Please visit the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to start your application.
Step 2: Interview Invitations
An invitation for an interview will be sent out through the ERAS scheduling system. Applicants will have 48 hours to respond to the interview invitation before it will be offered to another candidate. Rolling interview invitations will continue for those placed on our waitlist.
Candidates not initially invited for an interview will begin receiving an email indicating their application status (waitlist or rejected).
Applicants are selected for interviews based on a selection rubric which involves various aspects of each application. During this busy time of year, phone calls will not be accepted. Please email if you have questions regarding your application or the interview process.
Step 3: The Interview
Interviews are held on Tuesdays. See the specific interview dates below. For the Fall of 2021, we will offer only virtual interviews. There will be a virtual social hour event held the night prior to the interviews.
- Interview Day: Tuesday, Nov. 9 | Social Hour: Monday, Nov. 8
- Interview Day: Tuesday, Nov. 16 | Social Hour: Monday, Nov. 15
- Interview Day: Tuesday, Dec. 7 | Social Hour: Monday, Dec. 6
- Interview Day: Tuesday, Dec. 14 | Social Hour: Monday, Dec. 13
Step 4: The Match
Thank you for accepting our invitation to interview at the University of Kentucky, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program. Below are specific forms that must be submitted and reviewed prior to your interview day.
The following two forms must be completed and submitted prior to the interview day.
- Authorization and Release
- Interviewee Acknowledgement Form
- Once signed, each form can be faxed to 859-257-3181 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF works best).
These items should be reviewed prior to your interview.
Other items to reference.